Thursday 31 January 2013

Ikoi Japanese Restaurant

Lamapig: Friday 01/02/2013

Went out with my sister to celebrate her birthday yesterday, had some good experiences and bad experiences.

I have my good experiences in Ikoi Japanese Restaurant at Miramar Hotel.
My bad experiences from BBQ Chicken at Tiong Bahru Plaza

Good Experiences


My sister and I had reservation in IKOI japanese restaurant at Miramar Hotel.
This is one of our favorite restaurant ever, where I can proudly say it's the best japanese food in Singapore. Oh as I had japanese food even across Europe, none of them is even near to the standard we can get from Ikoi.

First time i tried this restaurant was about 10 years ago.. As I first went with my ex-bf from Singapore.
After I split up with my ex, and left to UK. I never been for like 4 years. Then I came back with my ex-husband & sister 3 years ago as my sister is still a frequent regular they recognize her immediately and they are shock to see me as I look a lot different. It's nice they remembered me,

It is a buffet cost about $30 for lunch, where a decent menu to order from. Including Sashimi (all sorts), yakitori, shishamo, tempura (all sorts), huge range of sushi and side dishes. Every single one of them is freshly made upon ordered, and waitress will ask how many pieces you like too ^^.


Complimentary - Salmon sashimi appeitizer, mini hot pot, soup in a teapot (that is amazing). I have took some pictures below.

California Handroll

Entrance - Right from lobby 


Complimentary appetizer 




Left - Complimentary soup in pot which is my favorite
Right - California Maki (Reverse roll) 


Fresh Sashimi

Yakitori (Chicken Skewer)

The menu :O 

Amazing customer service unlike other buffet style restaurant. 

E.g many buffet restaurant (Self service) type, when there is those expensive stuff like prawns, oyster etc tray is normally emptied by the time you get to the counter after the big crowds. Which won't be top up till later, as the more frequent they replenish, the faster it went, the profit will be lesser. I don't enjoy buffet much, as I doesn't like to queue or squeeze for food and I'm not a big eater so it's a waste of money x.x


However in Ikoi it is freshly made upon order, it's fresh and short waiting time too. Waitress always make sure they asked you how many pieces you like to have and all happy to serve you no matter how crowded it is :) 

Advanced booking needed, and you may request Tatami seats too. Good for family and romantic couples. 

Valentines day coming soon, if any viewer looking for nice places to go and your partner love japanese food. This will be amazing. Price range around dinner is $38 ++ 





No comments:

Post a Comment